Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Party: Games

Our party games this year are a little different. The whole party has turned out a little old-fashioned. So I thought, what better party games could we have than for the adults to show the children how to play the games they played when they were little? We searched high and low for games from the days before video games and DVD players, and here is what we came up with:
Jacks, pick-up sticks, hula hoops, slinkys, peg games, cat's cradle, cootie catchers, checkers, dominoes, yo-yos, and probably some more I'm forgetting.

My hope, and indeed my prayer, in doing this is to create an atmosphere where the adults and children interact and find something they enjoy doing together. This generation is in desperate need of adult interaction, and it has to start somewhere. It will either be a great success or a huge disaster, probably depending on the adults and their willingness to PLAY. (and not sit around the table talking.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only games I can remember Mama ever teaching me were a card game she played when she was little called "Smut." I believe she said she and her brothers and sisters made it up. Also, marbles ... we played marbles.