Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy stripes


I've wanted to try this color combination for a while - it just makes me smile. This hat was originally supposed to be for the Etsy shop, but Lydia has hijacked it.

It is made from Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Warm Brown, and Peaches & Cream in Red and in Sea Mist, which is a variegated green, blue and white. I just sort of made up the pattern, rolled edge with your standard decreases at the top. The number of rows in each stripe are the Fibonacci numbers 1-5. With the three yarns alternating in these different width stripes, I think it gives it a great random look without bothering my perfectionist personality. I knit this one in the round, but if I make another one I'll probably make it flat with a seam. Stripes knit in the round are naturally offset when the new color is joined, and there is the aforementioned perfectionist problem...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the names of the yarn! They sound like confections. It's a beautiful cap ... fit for a flaxen-haired angel.

Kim said...

Oh, and you should see those curls bouncing out from under it!