Tuesday, March 23, 2010

would you like some dangly baubles with your ruffles?

Actually, I didn't really ask - Putumayo puts chain belts with charms on their outfits, so obviously Lizi needed one with our Putumayo-inspired outfit.

I've never really attempted jewelry making to this degree before - jewelry sellers, now I understand! It was fascinating to try, and quite addictive. My wire wrapping is still pretty rudimentary, but I was getting more comfortable with the process of using the head pins and eye pins by the time it was done. I'm a long way from making anything that's salable, though.

At least it's good enough to get a thumbs-up from the one who'll be wearing it. ;)

5 comments:

maya said...

totally cute! i'm going to have to see a pic of it on, you know. :)

Faith, Folklore, and Friends said...

It is beautiful!
I have tried making jewelry, but it hasn't "clicked" with me yet!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Lovely! I'm intrigued by jewelry making (like I am by so many things--too many!), but I'm pretty sure I don't have the dexterity or patience to do it.

It's looking great, Kim! :-)

Anonymous said...

OH Kim ... you're the best, coolest mom ever! The dress is just incredible! I love it ever so much. It's gonna look SO good on Lizi! Can't wait to see!

Love you!

Sarah said...

Doh. I'm "anonymous." I just didn't mean to be. -laffin'