Monday, December 14, 2009

wild thing

I've coveted the "Wild Thing" balaclava ski mask from Pixiebell Elfinwear since she first created it. Then, one day a couple weeks ago, it showed up in my email inbox - a surprise early Christmas gift from a dear friend!
I used Serenity Chunky Weight yarn, in color Pristine. It is so very soft, and just perfectly warm.
I felt a little conspicuous wearing it at first. But then I wore it shopping, and my inner Wild Thing came out and said "Everyone else is wearing Santa hats, reindeer antlers and everything else; if I want to wear a hat with ears, who's gonna stop me?" And of course, it was the coldest night of the season so far, so after a while I didn't even care. I had warm ears. :)

4 comments:

maya | springtree road said...

ok, now V is saying she wants one!

it looks GREAT! love it. :)

Kim said...

Oh, Lydia has wanted one from day one. I'm wondering if I can just use smaller yarn and needles? This one's pretty big on her.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Well, I think it's CUTE! (Of course, I am a booklover, so almost anything is forgivable in the name of good literature, right?!?!?) ;-)

Sarah said...

That's soooooooooo cute!
Wear that ear hat, girl!