Thursday, December 31, 2009

resolved

The past few years, I've not been one for new year's resolutions. It's the eventual breaking of the resolution that gets me; I'd just rather not set myself up for failure.

But this year, I have a resolution, although it seems like many because of the way it touches so many areas of my life. I want to, I need to, I must, be more intentional. To spend more time acting, not reacting; to spend more time nurturing my family and myself; to make time for learning; to push myself to create the way I know I can and should.

Part of this means a change in the way I spend my time in front of this screen. Less time checking stats and hits and posts and tweets, because, really, how does most of that help? Less time fretting and fussing over the Etsy shop, and more time making things my family and I can enjoy. Less time on the computer in general; but more meaningful, intentional time. I will continue blogging, because I think this is going to be an interesting year and I want to share it with you!

So best of wishes for you in this new year. May God bless you as you follow Him, and may we all have the will to follow through on what we have resolved.

2 comments:

Faith, Folklore, and Friends said...

Beautiful resolution, I have no doubt that you can do this.
God's blessings on your family for the best year ever! Love you.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

I like this, Kim. I spend (er, waste) too much time on the computer, 'though it does enrich my life in so many countless ways. And I enjoy blogging! I'll be glad to be finished with a few commitments, but overall, I plan to keep up my bookish thoughts, etc. I, too, want to cull some of the chaff, though.