Thursday, December 17, 2009

crayon wallets - want one?

Check these out! I made these for my Wednesday night preschool class - they are crayon wallets, and have a space for a little notebook, and an extra pocket for other things preschoolers like to put in pockets, I suppose. The pattern is from JCasa on Etsy. It's a great pattern, very easy and fun to make, and I'll likely make more sometime.
Lydia helped me choose the fabrics. There's a pink and green coordinate group for the girls. But LOOK at the one for the boys! It's a Michael Miller print called "Lil' Cowpokes," with a horseshoe and patchwork print to go along with it. It's rare to find really good fabrics for boy things, but I just loved these.
Last night was our last regular class before Christmas, so I gave them to the children then. I think they were a hit, especially with the girls.
I did make a couple extra... what shall I do with them? Hmmm... how about a blog giveaway? I will be giving away the two crayon wallets in the last two photos here, one "girl" print, and one "boy" print. To enter, just leave a comment by Monday, 12/21/09 at 8 am. In your comment, you may specify which print you want and I'll try to accommodate. If I don't know you personally, make sure I can contact you!

You can earn one extra entry for each tweet, facebook mention, blog link, etc. Just come back to this post and leave a second comment to let me know what you've done!

Comments are now closed for the giveaway - thank you!

31 comments:

Whimsical Walney said...

These had to have been a hit! They're super cute. You always do such fun things for the kids.

I have been meaning to make something similar but as it's part of an already long list, it just hasn't been produced yet.

Chrystal said...

Very cute! I'd like the girl print - well since I have one girl and another on the way :-)

www.pepperpaints.com said...

Girl print, girl print!!! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Those are very cute. Either print would work at my house since I have boys and girls.

Unknown said...

Just tweeted for you as handsdelight.

Lona said...

I've got a little nephew who would appreciate the boy print. What a great idea--wish these had been invented when I had little ones!

You can contact me through my blog (just click on my name) or convo me over at shadysidefarm.etsy.com

Thank you!

maplehillfarm.etsy.com said...

My daughter, Isabella, loved the red and denim patchwork crayon wallet. These are very cute and you have done a great job with your blog!

Elegant Rose said...

These are so cute! I think I would like the pink one, but I'm sure either one would be fine as I have a boy and a girl that would love them!

Thanks

megansflowerdolls said...

Very cute! I would either or, I have girls and boys that would love this.
Thanks,
Megan

maplehillfarm.etsy.com said...

I posted on Facebook. Hope you get many responses. Thanks!

Sarah said...

Ms Kimmmm ... I wanna be in your class! -laffin'

I love the cowboy print best of all.

Jane In The Jungle said...

GIRL through and through! Thanks for letting "She's" know on yahoo!!

jenni said...

These are sew cute ;). I'd love the boy print for my little guy! :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

These are such a NEAT idea!! If I don't win one, I may have to beg you to list some in your etsy shop!!
Off to twitter AND Facebook this!!

Mrs Pretzel said...

PS. I only own boys. :)

Traci said...

I just discovered you through one of my Facebook friends. Your stuff is so cute!!

I LOVE these crayon wallets!! I'd be honored to win one. I am a GIRL, but either print is cool with me.

K Low said...

Super cute! Would love the girl print for my daughter. Thanks for the offer.

K Low said...

Tweeted
http://twitter.com/klowcrafts/status/6807743815

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

Maya sent me :) I'd love either! So very cute!!

AngieHandmade said...

Super cute!

Angie
http://www.AngieHandmade.etsy.com

inbal weisman said...

So cute! I would love the boy print! and the girl! so you will have to decide LOL

Inbaliya

inbal weisman said...

I just published your give away in my FP page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inbal-Weisman/59239513862
and in my twitter (they are connected)

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Okay, Kim--I LOVE this, and my girls would, too. I'm going to try to carve out time to link you up on my blog, too--I'll comment again if I manage to do it! :-)

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Done! http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/i-love-handcrafted-things-do-you/

Carrie said...

OH. Must enter.

If you DO decide to make some more some time, do let me know!

Carrie (who hopped over here through Amy)

readingtoknow (at) gmail (dot) com

Hull.Margaret said...

Girl print..TKS
Penny
hull(dot)margaret(at)ocls(dot)info

Molly said...

These are SO cute! Both patterns are adorable. Your preschoolers are going to love them!

pumpkinhaus said...

Yes.... totally cute!!! I would love to have the lil' cowpoke!!!

pumpkinhaus said...

tweeted!!

pumpkinhaus said...

facebooked!!

ThisGoodLife said...

Tweeted... xD those are so cute!