Friday, June 6, 2008

Hear that??

Right now, I'm listening to one of the sweetest sounds I've heard in a while. After spending time being a very large, expensive dish drainer, my dishwasher is running!

About a month ago, the poor thing just STOPPED in the middle of a cycle. A repairman came out to look at it, and said the computer had gone bad. It is such a new model, he did not have a replacement part with him, so it had to be ordered. And today, another repairman came out and installed it. I loaded it up, and it appears to be working just fine.

During the time I was handwashing dishes, I pondered lots of dish-related stuff. Like "Why do I always put cups and glasses away in the cabinet upside down?" I know it's because my mother does, and she probably does it because her mother did, and so forth and so on. Somewhere down the line it was probably to keep bugs and other nastiness out of the clean dishes. But aside from the occasional ant, I don't have such problems. It just makes me wonder what other things I do, without realizing it, that I have no logical reason for doing. Oh well, someday I might have a reason to be glad the cups were upside down.

No comments: