Friday, November 6, 2009

me and Sarah

Maya at SpringtreeRoad is featuring black and white photos during the month of November. I love black and white photography, the way it causes you to notice things about a subject that you would not ordinarily see - shape, line, texture.

But when I think of black and white photos, I also think of many of my favorite family photographs, and I thought I'd share this one. It's of me and my aunt Sarah, from 1975.

There are sisters more distant in age than we are.

There are sisters more distant in heart, and mind, than we are.

It's a shame that, geographically, we are distant.

But at least she reads my blog. And encourages me in anything else I have a mind to try. That's one of the reasons I love her. :)

Now pop over to Maya's blog and see her mad photography skills!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

You were SUCH a beautiful little girl. (It's no wonder that you're as lovely as you are now.)
I thought you were my very own personal dollbaby back then ... we had so much fun. Now I'm the one who learns from YOU all the time.

Thanks for the sweet memory. Love you, Lucy Locket!

maya | springtree road said...

sweet! and lydia looks so much like you!

Kim said...

Such flattery. ;) Thank you!

b. beautiful said...

Thanks for the ppost