Wednesday, August 11, 2010

can i just say?

It's been a good year for food preservation around my house. I was working on these canned peaches today, and started figuring it all up:

I've made 40 half-pints of jelly, and 11 pints of peaches;

I tried to figure up how many quarts of blueberries, blackberries, corn and peas in the freezer, but I lost count;

I did not pay a dime for any of that food - I either grew it myself or it was given to us (mostly given to us);

Every single batch of canning I've done has resulted in more jars than expected - I think it's miraculously multiplying, because I'm following the recipes, but there's just MORE;

And every single jar I've canned has sealed. Every. one.

And summer is not even over yet. Could we chalk it all up to good neighbors and family, and coincidence? Maybe. But I'd rather give God the credit for it all. That's just too much coincidence for me, and who gave me my family and my neighbors, anyway?

4 He has caused his wonders to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and compassionate.

5 He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.

Psalm 111:4-5


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!!!!

Charlotte said...

Awesome!!

Faith, Folklore, and Friends said...

I'm so happy you are canning and freezing. Those peaches looked good!