Tuesday, September 1, 2009

time to think warm!

Fall is my very favorite time of year. Even now, at the end of summer, I begin to feel the crispness in the air. It speaks of cool days and cooler nights to come, and makes me want to prepare for them.
Lucky for me, my dear friend Maya has learned to spin yarn! The yarn currently in her shop is breathtaking, and by all means you should visit and take a look. But I have the honor of owning one of her very first skeins, which makes it even more special!

I used it to make a scarflette - basically a scarf without the annoying tails that get slammed in the car door. If you want to try one, it's just a rectangle of seed stitch with yarn-overs for the buttonholes. It crosses over in sort of a 'V' shape in the front, so even though the buttonholes are on the end, the buttons will look like they are on the side.
And she even shared two of her awesome walnut buttons! Aren't they great? They are from the Etsy shop WoodenTreasures.

2 comments:

maya | springtree road said...

it looks great! :) i'm soooooo glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi