Friday, September 18, 2009

the next hat

I don't often show works in progress, but I think this is too good to keep. The hat-to-be is made of an iridescent taffeta in a chocolate color, and the leaves are embroidered in a nickel gray color. It will be lined with a mottled gray fabric. Why did I put gray and brown together? I don't know - when I looked at the fabric, that's just what it shouted to me. Which is somewhat disturbing, I know.

I'm 2/3 of the way around the hat with the embroidery, so it should be in the etsy shop within a few days.

Update: The hat is finished, and listed in the Etsy shop!

3 comments:

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Beautiful! I might SERIOUSLY need one of these!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you really are an amazing person, and (without any exageration) the best seamstress I have ever met. Your work is ALWAYS perfect made (without any spot or wrinkle!!! :)
You are an inspiration!
Thank you for my gift I got this morning!!!! I absolutely love it!!!!! Cami

Kim said...

Oh, thank you, Cami! You are very kind. I'm glad you like your gift!