Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Opinion, please?

Wow, I just kinda dropped off the planet for a while there, didn't I? Sorry! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

The last few days I've been tinkering around with the eyes on my owls. I hesitate to do this, because they are one of my best sellers as is. But some people think they look angry or scary. So with guidance from my artsy, anime-loving daughter, I've been experimenting with round eyes. That is the style I see in items for sale most often, so I suppose the 'great horned owl' is not quite as trendy as his rounder-eyed cousins at the moment.

Here's what we've come up with; an example of the old style on the left, the new on the right. I welcome your comments and suggestions! Do you like the old style better, the new style better, or do you think I need to keep working on it? I'm thinking the round eyes might need to be just a tad lower and the white part just a smidge larger. Thanks in advance for your input!

Shameless plug: Both of these guys are for sale in my Etsy shop, if you need a stocking stuffer!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I looked at the picture first, then read. I agree, the one on the left looks angry. I think this is because the eyes are so large, and under the V shaped different material. Perhaps smaller eyes, and out from under the v?

Usually, the bigger, darker, rounder the eyes, the more cuddly and cute they appear. (Think of Puss N Boots on Shrek.)

As far as a good suggestion I'd google "stuffed animal, owls" then click on images. Go through the various pictures, and see which styles you like the most, and then go from there. (I looked myself, and there are MANY pages to look through.) Hope this helps.

They are cute. And, I'm sure very good quality, as you always produce!

Anonymous said...

I like the owl best on the right. It looks "sweeter." But they're both adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!

I didn't know you had kept you blog going! I'm glad! I'm sorry I never got around to seeing you when you were at First Fridays, but maybe we can catch up with each other eventually!