Monday, August 18, 2008

Quick notes

It's late, but before the day is out there are some things I wanted to say.

1. My husband ROCKS. Example: Discernment

2. I'm happy to eat my words. If you read my "birthday wish post" I named some things I would like to happen but that I didn't expect by my birthday. One of those things was a good candidate for president. As it turns out, I think my problem was that I had been listening to people talk about the candidates, but had not taken the time to listen to the candidates themselves. Well, thanks to Rick Warren and Saddleback Church's Civil Forum, I know who I plan to vote for this fall. And no, I'm not telling you, because a) this is not that kind of blog; and b) you need to figure out who to vote for on your own.

3. Lion Brand Yarn is my new favorite yarn company. They very graciously granted my request to reprint part of their very excellent knitting instructions for the "knit kits" that I plan to offer at my First Fridays booth.

No comments: