Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost finished!

Lizi's only request so far for Christmas was for me to knit her a nice, thick, comfy pair of socks to wear in front of the fireplace. I let her choose the yarn, Lily Sugar 'n Cream Stripes. It is a cotton self-striping yarn, which has been neat to work with. There's not much controlling where the stripes fall from one sock to the other, but she likes it that way. The pattern began with the Arachne Sock Calculator, which is a very cool, free tool. It gives directions for a knee high sock, though, so I just started with the ankle and we like how it turned out.

And the best part is, they are almost done! I finished the first one Saturday, without even working too intensively on it. Most of the second was done while waiting for Lizi at karate class. I have to admit, I love yarns with different colors in them - it keeps me knitting to see what patterns or stripes emerge.

Happy Fall, everyone!

No comments: